FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:34

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
insecure startup item disabled (Mavericks 10.9.4) 

Post insecure startup item disabled (Mavericks 10.9.4)
After the recent update of Mavericks to 10.9.4 this message pops up on start up;
insecure startup item disabled.
“/Library/StartupItems/TuxeraNTFSUnmountHelper” has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

Is there a fix for this? I’ve tried changing the permissions, and ownership, but that doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried zapping the PRAM, and using disk utilities to repair permissions, that didn’t work either.

This is what the Console shows;
SecurityFixer[278]: "/Library/StartupItems/TuxeraNTFSUnmountHelper" failed security check: permissions
SecurityFixer[278]: "/Library/StartupItems/TuxeraNTFSUnmountHelper" failed security check: not owned by UID 0
SecurityFixer[278]: “/Library/StartupItems/TuxeraNTFSUnmountHelper" failed security check: not owned by GID 0

Even with the helper disabled I have no problems with my external hard drives that are NTFS format. I’m not sure if this message is important, I do know it’s just annoying, and I would like to get rid of it. I was wondering is it necessary for the unmount helper to be a startup item, can it be placed somewhere else in the file system. If not is there a Tuxera fix for this. Another wonder I have is that I seem to be the only one with this annoying problem, as a web search turns up nothing.

Thanks

Sun Aug 31, 2014 20:19

Post Re: insecure startup item disabled (Mavericks 10.9.4)
hmm :? no help here :( well I fixed it myself. good luck :|

Tue Sep 02, 2014 04:33
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]