The major and important changes in Tuxera NTFS for Mac are listed below. Stable releases are GREEN, releases for testing are RED.
STABLE VERSION 2014 (October 17, 2014) [Download]
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility.
- Autorepair functionality to fix problems after upgrading OS X.
STABLE VERSION 2013.2 (October 23, 2013)
- Full support to Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Added signed kernel extension.
- Various improvements: faster shut-down times, simplified product key input, and more.
STABLE VERSION 2012.3.6 (March 15, 2013)
- Compatibility with new release Mac OS X 10.8.3
- New 2 languages supported: Brazilian Portuguese and Polish.
STABLE VERSION 2012.3.4 (October 18, 2012)
- Various fixes.
STABLE VERSION 2012.3.3 (July 26, 2012)
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion compatibility.
STABLE VERSION 2012.3.2 (May 2, 2012)
- Online User Manual available in 27 languages: http://tuxera.com/mac/userguide/
- Various fixes
STABLE VERSION 2012.3.1 (April 17, 2012)
- New 12 languages supported: Arabic, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
- Verify and repair disks integrated in Mac’s Disk Utility.
- Rename volumes online.
- Fixes in the prefpane.
- Fixes that improved performance on PowerPC (64-bit) and prevented userspace crashes on all 64-bit platforms.
STABLE VERSION 2011.4.2 (August 30, 2011)
- Fixed support for authoring Adobe Flash content.
STABLE VERSION 2011.4.1 (June 20, 2011)
- Mac OS X Lion compatibility.
STABLE VERSION 2011.4 (May 3, 2011)
- Automatic translation of filenames that would be invalid in Windows into a compatible form, leading to easier copy of files to NTFS volumes.
- Improved responsiveness when using multiple simultaneous NTFS volumes on 64-bit kernels.
- The ability to turn off native storage of extended attributes.
- Bugfix for formatting hard disks with 4 KiB sector size.
- Tuning of native extended attribute handling for some applications (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
- Fixed support for Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Fixed support for free disk space displayed in Finder.
RELEASE CANDIDATE 2010.12-RC (December 28, 2010)
- Automatic filename translation of characters that Windows Explorer considers illegal.
- Improved performance with multiple filesystems under the 64-bit Snow Leopard kernel.
- Bugfix: Free space updates was not picked up by Finder at all times (Snow Leopard).
- More efficient aligned I/O, now built into the caching layer. This improves performance.
- Fixed handling of resource forks, which improves compatibility with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and other applications.
RELEASE CANDIDATE 2010.9-RC (September 8, 2010)
- Integrates MacFUSE closer into the driver to simplify installation and adds support for Mac users running the fully 64-bit Snow Leopard kernel (the ‘X86_64′ kernel flavor).
- The software now runs in 64-bit mode on Intel 64-bit and PowerPC G5 processors (only Mac OS X 10.5 and later).
- Bugfix for extended attribute handling which caused file copying problems in some cases.
- Disabled the ‘archive’ flag for directories because of conflict with Finder.
- Fixed support for TrueCrypt volumes.
- Driver codebase synchronized with NTFS-3G 2010.8.8 (see: NTFS-3G release history for a list of changes).
STABLE VERSION 2010.7 (July 30, 2010)
- Extended attributes are now fully enabled and mapped to Alternate Data Streams. Full compatibility with Mac OS X’s own NTFS driver and Windows Server’s “Services for Macintosh” extension (now discontinued).
- Fix for a rare issue where Tuxera NTFS for Mac could ‘hijack’ the mounting of certain unformatted media.
- Storing the Mac OS X backup timestamp is now supported.
- Preference pane is partly rewritten to be more robust.
- Tuxera NTFS for Mac has been synchronized with NTFS-3G so that all features and fixes as of NTFS-3G 2010.5.22 are included in the new release of Tuxera NTFS for Mac (see release history).
RELEASE CANDIDATE 2010.6-RC (June 30, 2010)
- Support for Extended attributes.
- Support for storing the Mac OS backup timestamp.
- All new features, enhancements and fixes included in stable NTFS-3G for Mac 2010.5.22.
STABLE VERSION 2010.1 (January 20, 2010)
- Fix for the issue described in KB974729, in which NTFS drives were rendered unmountable in Windows Vista and Windows 7 in rare cases.
- Added many of the improvements featured in Tuxera NTFS for Embedded Systems, designed to further increase performance and reduce unnecessary driver workload, especially when working with many smaller files and traversing large directory hierarchies. 40% faster than the previous version.
- Performance improvements: The caching layer has more efficient lookup, which means less CPU overhead.
- New preference pane option “Disable recovery dialog for hibernated volumes”.
- Improvements for formatting NTFS volumes on Snow Leopard.
- General usability improvements in the installer and preference pane.
- Minor fixes to improve compatibility with the built-in NTFS driver.
- Tuxera NTFS for Mac attempts to mount Windows LDM partitions by default.
STABLE VERSION 2009.10 (October 16, 2009)
- Preference pane internal classes were renamed to avoid a namespace collision with the NTFS-3G preference pane.
- Version number scheme changed to year.month[.revision].
- Implemented support for the Mac OS X “Locked’ and “Hidden” features for files, mapped to their NTFS equivalents (readonly, hidden).
- Adaptive file ownership: The files on an NTFS volume always appear to be owned by the user currently accessing it.
- Support for putting files in the ‘Trash’ bin.
- Some bug fixes, related to saving files using Firefox on an NTFS volume, and to mounting International (non-ASCII) volume names.
RELEASE CANDIDATE 1.0-RC (September 30, 2009)
- First release candidate version and a major upgrade from our previous open source NTFS-3G for Mac.
- Performance has been significantly improved along with other enhancements. Successfully tested on Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard.