- May 3, 2011 /
- by Erik Larsson
We are now announcing the release of Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2011.4.
The new release contains numerous enhancements. Here are some of the highlights:
- Automatic translation of filenames that would be invalid in Windows into a compatible form, leading to less problems when copying files to NTFS volumes (can be turned off in preferences).
- Improved responsiveness when using multiple simultaneous NTFS volumes on 64-bit kernels.
- The ability to turn off native storage of extended attributes, introduced in version 2010.7 (to improve compatibility with NTFS-3G and older versions of Mac OS X’s internal NTFS driver).
- Bugfix for formatting hard disks with 4 KiB sector size. The previous version produced NTFS volumes that could not be used successfully in Windows.
- Bugfixes/tuning of native extended attribute handling. Some applications (e.g. Adobe Photoshop) could misbehave with the previous stable version.
- Bugfix for saving files from Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Bugfix for free disk space handling. The amount of free disk space being displayed in Finder was not kept up-to-date in some situations.
Updates are free for all existing customers, so we urge everyone to update to the latest version.