FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 01:19

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Corrupt files 

Post Corrupt files
Hello..

So today i bought an external hdd and i wanted to test it on mac and PC (to see if they were compatible). So first i tried with a 16 gb SD after i installed tuxera NTFS. Everything seems to work fine. i can copy the files from my mac to the SD card. However, i already copied 2 zip files larger than 4GB (the limit for FAT) and i can't open them in windows....it appears that the files are corrupt.

Did anyone else experienced this?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 01:13

Post Re: Corrupt files
First of all try extracting the files into any other computer, MAC or Windows, if it works, then there might be some issue with execution in the computer you are facing this issue. If you are not able to extract the Zip file, you can use the repair feature in Winrar. For further information about this I would recommend you to read this article on Microsoft, which covers how to repair Corrupt Zip files and all other archive files.

You may refer to a third party tool to repair archive files by SysInfoTools which was recommended on Microsoft by one the moderators. I hope your issue gets resolved quickly.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]