FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 21:43

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Issues with External Drive Partitions 

Post Issues with External Drive Partitions
So I recently got ahold of Tuxera for the purpose of creating external drives with partitions of both operating systems (having NTFS and HFS+ and whatnot on the same external drive) so that I could have a external drive that suits my needs, since I use a dual-booted Mac with Windows 7.

And, well, it worked! I took a 1 TB Seagate Slim drive, cut it up into 4 parts, 2 OS Extended Journaled and 2 NTFS, and things went great! However... there are two catches:

1. Whatever the "4th" (i.e. the final partition on the 4 separate splits, whatever I make last) is invisible to my Windows 7 boot and appears as unallocated space in Disk Management. I don't know why only whatever the last partition is does this, or how I would fix this. This is the main issue I've faced.

2. My partitions are not being seen as their full size on Windows 7. a 130gb partition is seen as being 121, a 500gb partition as being 465gb, etc. etc. and this is really problematic. I'm not sure if this is just an issue with Windows 7, but regardless I'd really like to find a fix. It required me to give the Windows partitions more space than desirable to compensate for their failure to register what exists.

Information that might be relevant:

Late 2012 Retina Macbook Pro

OS X 10.9.4 / Windows 7
2.3 GHz i7
8gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Nvidia GT 650 1gb VRAM
256 gb SSD

Seagate Slim 1 TB External Hard Drive for Mac (So one of these) connected with USB 3.0

Wed Oct 22, 2014 19:43
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]