FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 04:32

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
My hard drive disappeared after installation 

Post My hard drive disappeared after installation
Hi,

I installed Tuxera and it seemed to be working fine. I could read and write to both my external hard drives when the program was installed. One strange thing that I noticed was that my hard drive icon on desktop (normally labeled Pat's Hard Drive- or something around those lines) was renamed to "client node". I then uninstalled Tuxera thinking that would fix the problem and rebooted my computer. After a first reboot the icon was removed from the finder and desktop. Any help would be much appreciated...this is really annoying me!! Thanks

Tue Jan 12, 2010 02:06
Tuxera Developer

Post Re: My hard drive disappeared after installation
Hi,

Could you enable debug logging in the Tuxera NTFS, preference pane, and then again mount the volume so that it displays "client node" as the volume label? Then collect the contents of the log file:
Code:
/Library/Logs/fusefs_txantfs_util.log
...and post it here.

Apparently something goes wrong when reading the volume label, and the log file output might be useful in determining the source of the problem..

Regards,

- Erik

Mon Jan 18, 2010 04:49
Tuxera Developer

Oh, and if you still have a problem with that your hard drive isn't accessible, then please check if you still have the folder
Code:
/System/Library/Filesystems/fusefs_txantfs.fs
on your system. If not, then Tuxera NTFS is gone and cannot affect the system anymore. That problem must thus be caused by something else.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 04:52

I ended up reformatting and reinstalling my OS at some point, and that fixed the problem. I still don't know what was causing the problem. Oh well.

Thanks for the responses.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 05:09
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]