- March 8, 2010 /
- by Szabolcs Szakacsits
The new, stable NTFS-3G release contains bug fixes and functionality improvements:
- New: support Object Identifiers which are used by Windows for shortcuts and caused CHKDSK warnings when the target was deleted.
- New: nanosecond resolution file timestamps support.
- New: selective file timestamp modification by utimensat(2).
- New: make non-resident TXF_DATA attribute of root directory resident so Vista and later won’t complain about RAW partition.
- New: caching inodes.
- New: more efficient UTF8/UTF16 translations.
- Fixed setting archive bit on file and alternated data stream creation.
- Fixed setting reparse tags in parent directories.
- Fixed enabling permissions when no UserMapping file is found.
- Fixed an error return code in the main mount function.
- Fixed setting timestamp via extended attributes to be consistent between Windows and Linux view.
- Fixed option processing when uid, gid, fmask or dmask are present.
The software is available at http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-download/
Tuxera Open Source Team