- July 2, 2010 /
- by Szabolcs Szakacsits
This time Tuxera has record number of software releases! The topics:
- Stable NTFS-3G 2010.5.22
- NTFS-3G 2010.6.31-RC Release Candidate
- NTFS-3G for Mac 2010.5.22
- Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2010.6-RC Release Candidate
The stable NTFS-3G 2010.5.22 release is a minor update which addresses creating the missing usermap and secaudit utilities.
The software is available at
The new NTFS-3G 2010.6.31-RC release candidate contains exciting, major improvements, and the below changes and fixes:
- New: Full, transparent, read-write compression support.
- New: Two new mount options: compression and nocompression (default).
- New: Introduced windows_names mount option to enforce only Windows names.
- Change: Re-enabled compression in root directory.
- Change: Reversed default for showing/hiding hidden files.
- Change: Redefined default user mapping.
- Change: Marked files whose name has a dot initial as “hidden” if option hide_dot_files is used.
- Change: Renamed option default_permissions to permissions.
- Fixed use of utimensat() with external fuse older than 2.8.
- Fixed a hang when reading a corrupt compressed file.
- Fixed a possible crash when creating a stream.
- Fixed all reported and found compressed write related bugs.
Download it from the below web page
The long awaited NTFS-3G for Mac 2010.5.22 is also here. Changes since the last release:
- Everything which is included in stable NTFS-3G 2010.5.22.
- Fix: NTFS-3G for Mac could “hijack” non-NTFS volumes in extremely rare cases, leaving them unmountable until NTFS-3g for Mac was disabled.
- Fix: The NTFS-3G for Mac preference pane will no longer leave zombie processes behind.
For more information please see
The latest release candidate of Tuxera NTFS for Mac, our high-performance commercial NTFS driver is out as well.
Changes since Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2010.1:
- Extended attribute support. Tuxera NTFS for Mac now supports storing Mac streams such as Finder information and resource forks as extended attributes, translating to Alternate Data Streams in Windows terminology. This means that NTFS drives will no longer be littered with ‘._’ (AppleDouble) files. Services For Mac attributes are used for the special attributes ‘com.apple.FinderInfo’ and ‘com.apple.ResourceFork’.
- Support for storing the Mac OS backup timestamp.
- All new features, enhancements and fixes included in stable NTFS-3G for Mac 2010.5.22.
Please see more at
Tuxera Open Source Team